Friday, September 13, 2013

Life Of A Call Center Agent



Before I got to BPO industry I was employed back then from a minimum salaried job from the position of HR staff, Coordinator, Customer Service Representative etc. I will not mention my salary on this particular company but it's not that high compared to Call Center Company located at Ortigas or Makati. But it surely a much more salary than my previous job. And I think if you are single, this definitely a pretty lump of hard earn money.

My account was a non voice which you are just require to transcribe voice message of foreign country into text nothing more nothing less and you also need to be accurate on the quality to get high score in everyday evaluation. As you imagine the life in a BPO industry it's actually the same everyday, same faces, same friends and an alternating supervisor, sometimes faces that now you see now you don't. People who quit after a few months, weeks and so forth. If you summarize the big picture it's just everyday the same but UNLESS! you do something different.

Doing the opposite of most agents are doing

What are the common thing agents do. Well in health matters that is smoking and drinking. I just found somewhat non sense really. I tried it several time but I don't hook up on it. Even drinking every payday period. I'm just thinking they maybe enjoying it right now but not in the future as it cost now a days to drink even just a single bottle would cost around 70 to 100 peso. It's like the same amount of your fare or gas getting to the company. Finance wise it's really an expense. But do sometime it's tough to pass on specially you want to make an impression of you are having good relationship with them Filipinos called "Pakikisama". There's nothing wrong with that as long as you are in the position to do so.

While they are spending their hard earn money on new phones, shirt and other depreciating thing. I invest on stocks, buying new books, investing in my business tools and presentation medium like tablet etc
I also watch and read good topics about finance and personal development. It really requires an intentional action. Having that habit are not easy to do. Specially if you don't appreciate the worth of Financial Freedom and being free from ignorance. Bible has a lot to do with it.

Am I in the same page with you? Are you following me? okay by getting out of the crowd I made a difference of what they do. I just did the opposite.

Making a difference to someones life

In every company I've been I make it to the point that I contribute to the growth of those people who surrounds me.

Referring to the book Law of Attraction or The Secret. Which basically tells that what dominates on your mind will attract. Well it works. Because I have an idea of awareness when it comes to financial and personal development. I attract those people who seek those category. I basically repel those employees who just love to enjoy what they earn buy that buy those. It really works promise!

So getting back to the changes I did. What I did was digging up to my sources of wisdom, books and materials etc. I was like a book worm who just lend book to those people who is interested on that areas.
I was having fun with them because they really want to learn considering these people are years in that company like I am before who can't control their own finances.

Every time I met with those people with a common culture we discuss on finance, stocks, real estate and insurance etc. These people are about 20+ yrs of age others are 30+ but most common they are at their 20's like I am. It was wonderful. I taught them to invest on stocks but do home research first. But before you can actually do investing they should handle their finances better. Mean it simply creating a new set of mindset for investing. They begin to become frugal and do their own budgeting to set aside for their investment. So that's where it start and it doesn't end there, I feel that they still want to learn more.

Wisdom leaks and it searches for an opening

Every made discoveries leads to another. It's like this discovering some fact that leads to another. We'll that is true. Almost all of these people are somewhat inter related about the books they read.and eventually bounded on a common ground. I don't remember they formed a group with each other before. I met them one by one. And I'm trying to establish them right now to maximize learning it's better to collaborate with great people to benefit one individual from the whole.

We want these agent to still pursue their dreams even having limited pay

As you can imagine the company has different shift, people who began working late night or so early morning like 12am -5am between those shift people start working. Having no sleep is the only problem with us agents. I personally said to myself I don't want to spend longer. But as I asses my current status I still need to spend sometime there and keep learning and sharpen my skills.

Beginning to shift quadrants employee to self employed and soon a business owner.

A friend of mine introduce me on this particular insurance company it's very well know on UK and it's already listed in the stock exchange abroad. I study the company and give it a shot, since I have a background on selling and networking I easily adapted the system. I just taking sometime to master the legal documents and etc. I decided to become a financial consultant as my second career but I'm taking it seriously because these I think it's my key to getting out on the rat race, It's just a matter of mastering the industry and be good at it. You may found your self on different field on your forte but once you had a good feeling about it grab it tightly.

Not as many like me has the guts to make a shift. What they always tells me is that they are XX years on service and still no increase on salaries. Well I said my friend it's better to have some type of investment that your money works for you to feel those increase. It maybe a business or investment. Relying alone on basic salaries won't take you so far. I said my friend you need to learn the art of investing and have fun while on the process at the same time.

Learning and applying what you learn is two different matter. Many people who already knows but don't have the guts to actually start doing it. It maybe because of the risk and fear. These are just part of the learning method we acquired from the school. "Life teach you by how many mistakes you commit not how many correct answer you made" I'm going to end this blog by leaving a powerful statement.

Quitting is the easiest you can do so why quit now?

Let your self experience temporary defeat and failure, but never mind them the important thing is never forget what the goals are.

If you found it helpful please do subscribe to get new article

Thank you very much on subscribing it's a pleasure to be a part of your life.

Get updates (It's Free)
Lets learn together you may type in your email address


No comments:

Post a Comment