Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pursuing Your Dream


Excerpt from the book "How I Made My First Million in Direct Selling and How You Can Too"


A teacher asked her class to draw their dream of what they wanted to be or have when they grow up. One of her students was a young boy. aged five, who was so excited with this class exercise. He drew a picture of a big ranch with horses, cattle, flocks of sheep, herds of pig, chickens, and other poultry and livestock. When he submitted the drawing to the teacher, she complimented the young boy on how well he drew his picture but quickly reminded him, saying,

 "You drew a very nice picture but I want you to make a more realistic drawing. Remember, your grandfather is poor your father is poor, so I don't think your family can afford such a ranch. Change the drawing or I will have to give you an F."

The young boy went home sad. He wanted to please his teacher but he really wanted to have that ranch when he grows up. He approached his father and asked, "Father, what am I supposed to do?" His father replied, "It is up to you son, you can either keep your dreams or allow them to be stolen."

The following days, the young boy excitedly submitted his picture. It was the same picture. The teacher looked at him frustrated and said, "Are you testing my patience? I asked you to change this drawing or else I would give you an F but I choose to keep my dreams."




Twenty years later, the teacher was still a teacher. One day, she and her class went on a field trip to a vast and successful ranch. Upon arriving there, the teacher was the last one to alight the bus. Suddenly, she heard a voice calling out from a distance, Teacher! Teacher! Do you recognize me?" A good-looking young man started to approach her. "Teacher, it's me, the boy who drew the picture of a ranch. Look," he made a gesture with his hand presenting the ranch. "these are the horses, cattle, flocks of sheep, hers of pig, and chickens that I drew. And over that way are . . ."

But while the young man was excitedly talking about how his dream came true, tears began to glow down the teacher's cheeks. She turned to the young man and said, "Now I've realized that ever since I started teaching, I have been stealing the dreams of my students, just like you. It is a great thing that despite everything, you chose to pursue your dreams and see them come true."


I was inspired with the story from the book that's why I posted it here. It deserved to be shared and give inspiration to all readers who has dreams in life.

There are dream killer every where whether it is our family, friends or other people. One thing is sure that we only live once in the world and the next is the eternal life. I know God planned us to reach everything we aspire with his grace. No one plans to fail if you don't fail to plan..

May God Bless you my friend and soar high!

Read related article

Learning To Accept Failure Succesfuly 

Sow The Seed Of Good Thoughts



Get updates (It's Free)
Lets learn together you may type in your email address