Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Yesterday is History and Today is a Gift That's why it's called Present


Life happens all the time, many time it's very unpredictable. In an instant thing that you won't expect to happen will happen in a split moment.


What I realize during my visit to my high school and college teacher. Sadly it was their funeral. After I got off from work I decided to drop by. I first visited my high school teacher, there not so much guest that day as it was so early in the morning.

There is a relative who accommodate me while I'm viewing her in the casket. After that, my teacher's daughter came by and we had this very long and worthy conversation.


I just want to share the thoughts and what I realize during my conversation with her daughter. Actually she's not that close to me we haven't had a conversation back on college. But during that particular day we seems to be somewhat best of friend it took me 3 hours of stay.

She was very entertaining and I never met such person who's very direct and knows exactly what she's saying. She had this strong conviction to her words.

We started talking about what we do for a living. I learned that she was working as a supervisor in one BPO company in Quezon City. She already had quite some experience in the industry. I found her smart as she talks very fluent and has a good accent.  She shared to me her plans in the future, career and some mother and daughter relationship. It's quite interesting.

I learned she never talk too much with her mother started 12 years ago. Ask then why? she told me it's a matter of religious devotion. To continue on, she mentioned that during those years even though they are not speaking with each other. Her mother made it to a point that the love and care was still present during all those years.

After a couple of hours some few guest arrived. They started to cherish the moments and conversation with her mother. The style of teaching and the way they are treated back in those days. We nick named her our "Terror teacher" imagine yourself in a class, once she arrived everybody's not moving even talking we're all behave sitting on our chair. Ha ha! And she had this rough voice and an accent native from Batangas. Could you imagine?

Her daughter was laughing when she heard the story. And I added that in the end of the day. They will remember you for your deeds and not for the things you gained.

"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."

It's like keeping treasure of moments that can never be stolen. Much more valuable than money can pay.

I can say that my teacher had a well lived life. After retirement 2 years ago. A friend of her offers a teaching job for small scale institute. She doesn't want to stay at home being cared by her siblings. She wanted to be more productive. She retired after 30 years of service. She has bunch of good recognition while on service.

I ask her daughter how did she knew what happened to her mother and what could she did if ever she knew her mother will only live in a day. She told me like this. "I got a phone call I just woke up early morning and I was shocked when they told me my mom did gone with a stroke and I'm just crying in bathroom while having a bath. It's pretty painful because I wasn't there. And if I knew it will happened I'll probably just stay with her just be with my mother."

Lucky for you if you still have parents. You still have the chance to tell what you feel about them. A chance you can show how thankful you are. Saying sorry, you love them and thank you.

There's a pain in regret if you missed all the chances you have to express your love for them.  Don't take life for granted. Many times people waste them. Many time you'll heard people regret what the things they wish they did if they are just alive. Sadly you won't be heard.

Live like it was your last and be hopeful that there are more moments will come.

On the final thought. If you are reading this right now. Always be reminded that life is fragile and it was just entrusted to us. You have so much in you that you're capable of doing, talent to perform to people, valuable skill to teach, needed wisdom to share, big ideas to do.

All in all live life to it's fullest. Never limit yourself. Don't let it all be wasted six feet under. God has given you the gifts. It's up to you to dig it harder and when you finally find it share it don't keep it.

Things I realized:

1. Life is short so do your thing and start figuring out the thing you could do best. Express what is in you. Explore, be creative and challenge yourself.
2. Dealing with people. Do what you need to do. Tell what you needed to say to people that is important to you. To your parents, partner, associates and friends.
3. Live the best possible life you can and don't compare your life to other people who did great with their life. Instead let them be an inspiration and a role model for you to follow.