Saturday, September 2, 2017

"Persistent" How does it helps you on daily basis

As someone who is working on a fast phase job being persistent play a major role in your daily job.

By the way just to give you an idea I'm currently working in a Manpower service provider. When you say Manpower it's basically providing our client a consistent resources of employees ready to do job in their business.

It's not easy being consistent while simultaneously being persistent. I'm talking about working your butt to deliver your promise batch of applicants to our client.

Almost everyday I'm bombarded with phone calls from different client getting their request updates. As a recruiter you should have a ready answer for those updates to prevent clients being upset.

It's my job and you got no excuses for not doing your job very well. While there's so many activities coming up every hour, You should always kept in mind what is the priority that you should be accomplishing.

I just want to feature an applicant who just got listed for deployment on one of our clients her name "Roda" she is a single mom only around 22 years old.

I was just impressed how persistent this person is to get a job. She was just carrying a small amount of money just a transportation allowance on her way to our office. She got no budget for lunch and that was tough, it's not easy, the process she's going through just to get a job is not very easy for most of us who had a pocket money.

She told me that she sold her cell phone not a smart phone but just a keypad phone which is starting to get phase out in the market.

She sold her phone to a tricycle driver and that was a heck of a decision. Sacrificing her communication to her child's food and additional allowance for daily expenses. She was about to leave the office and came back after few minutes telling that she has a certain skill particularly doing "massage therapy" ask me and she was darn good and she knows what she do.

She already selling her service to me even few days ago while I'm processing her papers and believe me she really meant it!

So she came back and offering me a massage. Initial thought was "okay I'll give her a try". So we drive our way home from our office a 1 hour and 30 minutes ride.

Ask my parent I'm letting Ms. Roda to give them a massage... Boom and the 3 of us my dad and mom was given a great massage.

After a few hours I took her to the nearest pick up point via jeep to get home at Binan Laguna. I hand her my payment for her services and off she goes.

And that's how very persistent she was making a living just to get to another big opportunity thru employment.

I tell you it's not a typical day with most people around us offering their services to people they don't really knew.

I knew this story might give us literally an example how to be persistent not to quit and still follow all those dream and wish in life.

Getting things done and achieve it is not walk in the park it always requires courage and toughness to get through life.

Connect with me here and I'll share you some stories and info that might be inspiring and helpful for you.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment