Thursday, November 15, 2012

Journey to financial freedom



    
Journey to financial freedom


People nowadays constantly moving, it's just either you move up, move down or hold still making little progress. For people who has goals in life this will quite significant in life. Most have their personal goals in life waiting to be achieve. But the mere fact most us Filipinos has poor financial education, so that will make us tied to that big ball you see on the picture on left. 

This blog drive me to those Filipino's seeking answer to financial freedom. to begin with I would like to introduce myself to give you thoughts on the author of this blog.

Yes it's me "Gen H. Punongbayan" basically currently employed on a manufacturing company of bottled plastic caps, I work as a HR Assistant at the same time a Coordinator both serving the agency and our client company. I also graduated college finishing the course of Ab Psychology. We'll my career began after graduating school back in 2010. Neither I do have good solid plan for what to do after graduation. But I'm am extremely aware that reality of life will begin after school. Basically I began looking for job opportunity.

Well It didn't take too long to seek an employer, well basically my first employer was SM owned by business tycoon Mr. Henry Sy. I work there as a customer service assistant in one appliance store which SM sister company. To summarized the story with my first employer, I took more time doing the training rather than working for a long time with my boss. In short I left early by not standing the attitude of my boss.  We honestly I was a rookie coming from a fresh grad. I learned my first lesson back then and started working a lot longer now. I took 2 more employer before arriving at my current job today as an HR assistant. 


While on that 2 employer lots of things happened. I came up with several opportunities particularly on business. Well since I was too open on opportunity I quickly jump on it. Studying and planning how to work things out. This business a network marketing company. I know business man and entrepreneur are not new to these concepts. And so much people in different walks of life are hoping on it. Well just a piece of advice. I believe these are not for all. But I do believe you'll gain some skill important skills while doing your network marketing business. Which handful for me. I did excel on networking business and get to discover my strengths and build a decent leaders and large network all across the Philippines and outside the country. However not until my company slow down and soon fop down on the floor. Well it's almost a hairline to get my target.

After what happened I didn't stop looking for ways to get where I wanted to be. I study a lot, read lot's of book to learn new skills and knowledge. I bought some books, downloaded pdf file from the net and increase my financial awareness. 

I'll name the books and author of the books I rode and it's subjects plus some of the link. These is highly recommendable for you guys!

Financial Education
1. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki  http://ghafari.biz/e-book/rich_dad._poor_dad.pdf
2. Cash Flow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki http://www.richdad.com/Home.aspx
3. Secrets of Truly Rich by Bo Sanchez 

Leadership, Personal Growth and Success Mind Setting
4. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (suggest by my uncle and Robert Kiyosaki)
5. Thinking for a Change by John Maxwell
6. Talent is Never Enough by John Maxwell
7. 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell
8. Leadership Gold by John Maxwell

Spiritual Growth
9. Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
10. Bible

Actually there's lot more but these are the most influential books I rode in my 24 years of my life. Planning to learn and acquire more skills and knowledge for me to continue growing in the process..

What I do right now is continue investing on the (2) business I started and invest on the stock market by the help of an online broker. I'ts very worth while doing things out of my comfort zone. As we all thought of the idea of job security. But seems my thoughts are taking me to another path. And I do have a very good feeling about it. I just love the decisions I made few years ago. I just need to keep moving to run things out. 

It's a hard work really but enjoyable. At the end of the day you always have to choose what makes you happy, It's not just about earning and money. More often it is from the satisfaction that we get from what we're doing that counts. It's just not enough for money to become our motivating ingredient to keep us moving. You should see the burning desire and calling to a particular things you are called to accomplish. Regardless of what others may want to say. Just pursue and do your best for others not to steal that dream.

Personal advice to people who are reading this now. 
1. Find your purpose in life to our Lord Jesus Christ
2. Do your thing. Your passion and happiness. 
3. Create a system for it
4. Prepare by paying the cost to achieve it
5. Don't hesitate and turn on at once!
6. Don't let anyone stop you not even your parents
7. Face rejection and take courage and protect your dream!
8. Collaborate with people who you can count on (build a team)
9. Don't stop learning new ideas and skills.
10. Pray to God for everything..

This would be for today! Have a nice day!

Your friend,

Gen Punongbayan

please don't forget to subscribe for more new articles