Friday, January 24, 2014

Pursuing Your Passion While In The Corporate World



A lot of us turn away from the things that we really love because it's not practical or it's not profitable.

Some chooses the comfort of having an 8-9 hour job even you hate the work and shifting schedule. Other wanted to quit working but unable to decide because they have no clear things in mind of what they might be doing instead.

This results to the feeling of being trapped specially if you already had house amortization to pay and electric bills to pay plus a family to feed.

But imagine you already doing what you are passionate about at the same time you don't risk your family to  poverty and hunger. This are actually question and challenge to myself.

As I'm writing this article, I am currently employed in a BPO company. 10 months of employment and half of those months are on a night shift basis. Just imagine I was turning the night in to day. Believe me It's great  to sleep at night compare to day. It's just more rejuvenating! I warn you be careful with your health if you plan to work on this shift.

Moving on, my work helps me a lot on doing what I love to do. The money I save from my salary was translated into seed of opportunity and that was with the help of a right mindset to finance and being open to opportunities around.

So how can we do it? Lets take my sister for example, she had her own family and a son who need to eat everyday and education to provide. She already availed the early retirement from her 9 year corporate job.

What she does right now is doing a children tutorial and doing what she love -negotiating on big and small real estate deal. One successful deal could mean a year profit from employment. There are also some support coming from her husband.



Another friend of mine was a romance pocketbook writer who earn from her manuscript and book royalties while working as an Onsite Supervisor. Her books are available in Precious Heart Romance outlet inside SM. She is very excited to publish her next noble. I'm really excited too.


It's just really a matter of soul searching of what you love and having guts to do that.

I remember the famous quote of the movie "Pursuit of Happyness" Will Smith the leading actor told his child like this (Hey! Don't ever let somebody tells you that you can't do it. Not even me. Some people can't do something about themselves they will tell you, you can't do it. You have a dream you got to protect it.. You want something. you go get it period).

It was a very powerful statement it sinks down in my bones that tells me I need to do something about it.

As for finding, balancing and complimenting one passion to another it all leads you to fulfilling and living the life you wanted. Finding purpose in your life will answer several of your questions.

And finding it will only mean seeking for Jesus Christ first and knowing him and understanding what he did for us. Christ gave us the talent and gift, we may not be aware of it but a series of trial and experimentation will lead you to the things you will do best.

If you have stories like this. Please do share it with me and help me create inspiring content that may empowered other people who read this.


Article to read next:

Pursuing Your Dream

External link you might visit also:

http://www.eskapology.com a website that teaches you how you can escape the corporate work safely thru doing your own business.  Entrepreneur Mr. Jon Orana coaches Filipino to escape their hated jobs and run their business in a low risk way.

http://fitzvillafuerte.com/ a website that teaches you on investment and financial matter. He's the number 1 blog on the Philippines in terms of finance. He's giving practical tips about saving and money management.

Feel free to subscribe to our mailing list below if you find this article helpful.

Get free updates 
Lets learn together you may type in your email address and confirm it in your email.