Monday, February 17, 2014

You Are Too Talented Enough To Create Something


Whether we like it or not finance is essential to ones living. Money was not the most important thing in this world but the lack of it will really affect how the way we and our family live.

We always hear story of our friends getting on debt, buying thing that they don't really need and getting screwed up on their finance eventually because emergency happens.

I don't know what your financial status is right now but one thing is for sure that many of us Filipinos lack something and we have to fill those gap or else our family gonna starve and lights, water will go off in our house.

Sad to say due to this financial crisis that many of us need to go outside the country to search for good opportunity that will give higher reward.

I remember when I was a child, One day my mom told me she has a convention in China for one week. I told my mom I don't want her to go there. I am making such story that the plane will crash so that she won't go.

At that time I was at my elementary days. I don't really like to feel being left. Considering it's just a week off home, I can't stand it. What more if she needs to work abroad. Thankful that my mom came home safe and sound and planning to retired this 2014 in the government.


But anyway just imagine working abroad very hard to save and sent money to family back home and then all of a sudden your kids, and family got in mess. I'm not telling it's bad to work abroad it's just that before you tend to do so. Have a heart to heart talk with your family and make it clear that you have a purpose going abroad.

Family are precious, they are our treasure.

If I can picture you the whole scenario sometimes it goes like this.

Breadwinner or family members goes abroad work for a specific period of time. Let say 5-10 years. If you really have a big time job abroad and have a financial managing skills odds are you will do very well.

On the other side if we have family members working abroad and they just keeps working and sending you money that you keep spending on liabilities at home, chance are they go old broke. We don't want that to happen when they go home. We want them to see what are the fruits of their labor. There are so many ways we can do with the money they send.



If you go work abroad better have a plan. Usually they want to earn big so they could provide more. But when they provide more and more, sometimes people back home tend to become lazy and then they waste the things you earn. Have a written plan on this regard. And If you're planning to do business after the workings days of your life. Better yet to have those important skills, knowledge and creativity etc. Better yet start learning and doing while working on your day job. Here's some key:

1. LEARN TO SELL - Learn the skills of an entrepreneur so in time you can put up your business after paying those bills. I don't yet known a business people who doesn't know how to sell. I know people don't like to sell stuff but the reality is:

 - Many employees don't like selling. But when you apply in a job. Do you think you aren't selling? who do you sell? Well yes. You sell yourself you sales talk the good character, skills that you have. So if you can learn those thing why not selling small things.

If you ask me what to sell. I offering almost everything to insurance, product, business opportunity and other thing that people need -even my own money I sold it too. Anything, just sell. The learning you acquire is enough to make you beyond your capabilities.

2. STUDY - Knowing how money works through reading books are essential so you can manage income of the family. Studying don't stop at school but the real lesson is thought in real life. Many of us are afraid to go their own way because they afraid to make mistakes.

In school every mistake is feeling of discouragement and stress. But in real life mistake will make us tough and build our character. Invest in yourself to be educated. By attending seminar, reading books, and learn from other successful people.

If you're comfortable on your desk, chances are you'll be sitting for the next 20 years on you chair.

It's very overwhelming at first but if you have strong desire you can do everything.

On my last note. Filipinos are flexible and talented with good character. That is why we Filipinos are the most exported assets by our country.



Next article to read:

Pursuing your passion while in the corporate world

No comments:

Post a Comment