Saturday, February 22, 2014

How To Develop Patience


Life always happens. Something happens at work, to your friends, to your family, to your business to your neighborhood to your country. Whether it's good or bad, Life always bringing something different in your life.

However not too many of us doesn't aware that what happens to us externally doesn't have to really matter what's going inside of us (Thoughts, feeling and emotion). Many of the people I know always react to what is happening around them.

This happens to me when I'm still working at SM Appliance store back 2010. That was my first job and we are one of the pioneering employee at the newly opened SM Calamba City. I was back then working as a customer service assistant. I handle complaints and moody customer who carry their defective products. Believe me you need plenty of patient in that position.


One normal working day turns into an ugly argument. It happens like this:

One night, Only one hour left before I can go home that shift. A customer went back at the store carrying a defective DVD. The moment we tested the unit I know it can be easily replaced since it is only bought early as 7 days.

But to make it safe. I borrowed a cell phone to my store supervisor and called the brand supplier and handed the phone to the sales rep for him to further discuss what happened. A very simple issue turn into a very ugly moment after several minute.

One sales associate came towards me and told that my immediate supervisor was looking for me. We'll I thought (What now? what did I did wrong? I was just doing my job)


When I was about to came to my supervisor. She was already shooting me from a range. She was very furious that I used her phone too much. She was complaining that I will be the one who gonna pay for that bills charge.

Well, since I was very young in my career and very inexperience at that moment. I was very unprofessional that moment. We exchange words. I gave him a fight that night then go home that early.

After a week, my store manager talk to me after a day of work. We was at the warehouse that time. And I never thought it was my last day either. What a very short career. The management concluded that I did abandon my post and that was the real issue and I was subject for dismissal.

Ha ha what a day! Well I was thinking of quitting either because of their attitude.

Life long lesson I learned from the experience:

1. You can always decide what to respond. Not to react immediately. Their attitude is not important as to what your attitude will be according to that moment. Attitude matters a lot!

2. Think of the consequences before making any move.

3. Every problem will never stick forever in your life. Meaning it will pass either. So be cool and relax. I know it easy for me to say. But it really does.

4. If you are on stress, don't mind that one shall passed either. Whether you felt happy enjoy it, if not then let it just pass

5. Enjoy life, every moment of it. Because learning from experience and other people experience and mistake will help you become more a person of character.



Don't let the world fool you! too many people was already controlled by the environment around them. Too much influence by the negative people around and the situation they born with.

Be in control and have faith to the Lord for what are you doing. Do the right things with faith! And see the results.

"Patience is not the ability to wait but how you act while waiting"

Found it helpful please feel free to subscribe above.

Related Article:

Just Sow Seed of Good Thoughts

Feel free to subscribe to our mailing list below.

Get free updates 
Lets learn together you may type in your email address and confirm it in your email.