Monday, August 18, 2014

An Interview With A Former Corporate Vice President



A friend of mine since nursing days back in 2004 came up through text telling me that he was just recently hired and he was eager to work with me in his company. I was kind of hesitant at first because it was pretty far.

He marketed me the job and the company itself. Well, he really did a good job on selling me the idea of working there. So I was referred by my friend and received a call yesterday that I had an interview today in Makati.



Photo credit to Joe Whited

I was pretty surprise by this very warm HR manager who did the interview. She got hired 3 weeks ago. For me she's quite accommodating and very friendly, I never felt I had a formal interview but a casual conversation about life.

She started by knowing me and I did a story telling with my family and what I do. She relates to me and started to give me ideas about the insights that I'm sharing her.

She soon about to go in the experience background thing. Well, actually it was really tough for me to discuss everything that happens at work. But as much as possible you need to be honest and polite on not saying bad things about the previous experience. Trust me it is very unethical.

Further on I enjoyed having a conversation with her and surprised that knowing she was a former vice president of a company. That just left me wondering how it went for her with the previous job.

She told me that she always keeps her attitude in place and not letting his position bothers how she acts. She's very humble for me and I think that should be most corporate people who manage people behaves. She wants people to feel comfortable so that they can express themselves freely.

We really had a good conversation and she taught me about passion and knowing what you want first before doing a job.

Photo credit to Gideon Tsang

And finally after several minutes of that interview she even accompanied me outside of the office toward the elevator.

I just don't know if it was my last time that I see her or just the start of working with her soon. I do find it very kind and very polite.

Overall she was the ideal model to look upon to. I felt she was very different and honestly, I rarely encounter corporate people like this manager.

As my mentor John Maxwell said in his quote that "leaders makes the position and the position doesn't makes a leader". She was certainly an example.

Now if you aspire a managerial position or planning to work your way up, better take note of this example. Building a reputation and character requires consistency and hard work, it's not an overnight thing.

Feel free to subscribe to our mailing list below.


Get free updates 
Lets learn together you may type in your email address and confirm it in your email.



Comment Box is loading comments...