Friday, August 15, 2014

Why You Need Emergency Funds



Four years ago after getting out of college I had my first job in a billion dollar company "SM". I found myself working there as a customer service in an appliance center.

This article is not about the job but what I did about the earnings working in several companies and how you can learn from that mistake of mine. This is just about a simple money management.




Story goes like this. I had my first training in September 2010 and immediately started working the following month. I was pretty excited starting in that job. I basically learn the ins and out of that position. I had no problem dealing with my superior in that training period but the following month unexpected happens.

Photo credit to Lamictal Depression

I was earning a decent salary and it was quite okay for a single status person. Honestly I can't remember where the first salary went to.

To cut the story short the following month in November I had a conflict with my boss and it went really ugly.
See the story How To Develop Patience.

The following week I just had a notice that I got dismissed. Well quite a 3 months at work and not able to kept something from my paycheck. Pretty lucky enough that they paid me a check but again I don't knew where it went.

I can't just imagine working for several months or years without even had an idea where my efforts are going.

I moved on from that experience and started looking for another one and finally I think I made a soft landing spot in a Japanese company. I worked under an agency and got lucky that after a month I was absorbed. I worked there for I think only for 7 months. Well I honestly I wanted to break the record for several years as I thought I can make.



But I just don't know, life sometimes gets hard. I think if you're not taking it seriously it will push you around into places. You better train yourself in terms of attitude and character to endure everything in the corporate world.

I learned from what happened and again the only thing I remember from what I was able to make are a desktop computer and a branded basketball shoe. I just thought of I can't just go work places to places not having able to kept something from what I've earned.

Tell you honestly is very difficult to move around and exploring without any money in the pockets. So something got to change.

Well I think I need to start changing my values when it comes to money. That's when I started studying how to kept it and where to put it.

The following 2 years I know what I'm doing and why I'm working for a reason. Its just pretty clear that the first year was an early hit at what the reality of life is and what I learned from school was just a little bit stuff for academics only.

The value of hard work and discipline comes to a realization specially how I value the fruit of labor. I'm gonna list some lesson I learned there.

  • You can work anywhere you want the only thing is you have a limited amount of time and you can never work forever. That's why you need to kept as much as possible for the uncertainties in life.
  • Value what you earn whether it's small or big. When you value something you have to know where to put it and grows it. It will help you eventually in times of financial crisis.
  • When you start valuing what you had you gonna start appreciating everything what you've got. Even your nagging girl friend or wife. 

On the last note. You need to kept something and you'll be needing that tomorrow. It's hard to keep asking money from your friends and relatives nowadays because money doesn't pop anywhere. People who got the ideas and hard worker will never runs empty.

Hopefully this article keeps reminding you that you need to be thankful. Not on what you've got but the fact you're alive and reading this right now. You have way better and bright future ahead of you. Take good care of yourself and keep healthy. You are your number 1 asset. God Bless

Related topics

Simple Ways To Save

How to Invest Online in Stock Market

Things to Consider in Stock Market

Previous post

An Interview with Former Corporate Vice President

Feel free to subscribe to our mailing list below.

Get free updates 
Lets learn together you may type in your email address and confirm it in your email.



Comment Box is loading comments...